In recent months, she's shared in this whole blogging experience with me. She feigns Publishers-Clearing-House-Winner like surprise when I get new followers. She follows up listening to my daily analytics report with "Your blog gets so much traffic, you need a crossing guard!" But best of all, she's constantly thinking of new and creative ideas for adventures, posts, and contests.
Last week, I was just babbling aloud about feeling a bit over-whelmed and uninspired. I went on about how the South is just such a big, exciting place and I just didn't know where to start. That's when LyLa's wheels started turning - and she came up with a three-fer.
Letting you guys inspire me to get a' movin in the form of a contest.
Not catching on?
Beginning today, Dixie Lust is holding it's first photography contest.
Here's the run down:
- You must be a follower to enter
- You will have one week to submit your photo (9.16.09 - 9.23.09)
- Photos must be submitted by e-mail
- The theme for the photo contest is "My Southern Adventure" - there are no specific guidelines on photo content. It can range from still life, to landscapes, to vacation photos - anything that makes you think of a southern adventure.
- Photos must be personal photographs - i.e. taken by you, have you in the photograph
- At the end of the contest, I will select 3 - 5 of the photos that I find most inspiring. Out of that batch, LyLa will choose her favorite as the winner.
The winner will walk away with:
The Chartres St. Gift Basket from the legendary New Orleans cafe, Cafe Du Monde which includes: Regular coffee and chicory, beignet mix, powdered sugar and powdered sugar shaker
and a "Got Beignets?" T-Shirt also from Cafe Du Monde
After the winner is announced, LyLa and I will use the winner's photo as inspiration for an adventure and take our own southern adventure photos to share with everyone!
UPDATE: Just realized that beignets might be more of a Louisiana culture thing than I thought, so if the above has got you scratching your head, click here to learn more about the "official state doughnut of Louisiana"