Thursday, April 15, 2010

Peace, Love, & FESTIVAL

While I'm off to Houston this weekend for the Stroll for Epilepsy, I can't fight the excitement about the upcoming week.

I've already mentioned the Marc Broussard show at Blue Moon Saloon
and my cousin Matt is getting married on Friday
But what I'm most excited for is....




The official festival website describes it best:

Festival International de Louisiane is a community-based, non-profit arts organization formed in 1986 to produce an annual visual and performing arts festival celebrating the French cultural heritage of southern Louisiana – primarily a combination of French, African, Caribbean and Hispanic influences. The largest outdoor, FREE Francophone event in the U.S., the Festival places special emphasis on highlighting the connections between Acadiana and the Francophone world. Each year performing, visual and culinary artists from Europe, Africa, Canada, the Caribbean and the Americas are invited to share their talents with Louisiana artists, residents and visitors.

And y'all.... I'm soooo jazzed for this festival.
Everyone's begun looking over the schedules and comparing notes on who they're excited to see, I'm already tasting of all the local and international food vendors lined up along the streets,...Lafayette is abuzz with excitement.

The Festival drums up even more excitement with their videos on YouTube...
So I've picked a few of the ones that make me smile to share with y'all.



This one is a must watch. I see it as such a visual of how diverse the festival is and proof of how excited everyone gets.
Plus a kid I went to High School to with is in the video - I refer to him as the funniest person Ive ever met.
You can pick him out by his lopsided 'fro.




22 seconds of down-right stinkin' adorableness.




I die. Totally my favorite part of the festival as well!




An insane set a few years back by Balkan Beat Box



Cant wait to share more of the festival with y'all!

No comments: