Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lushes: Day One of Brewmasters International Beer Festival


Since SKing and LMac spent the weekend relaxing away in Galveston, TX , I thought one of my first catch up (read: I have 10 months of happenings to fill you in on) posts should be about SKing & I's trip to the First Annual Brewmasters International Beer Festival in Galveston back in September.

For some added company, we had Nate and Ninja meet us at Moody Gardens for the event. Once the boys arrived, we walked through the event doors and were given a sampling mug and a punch card.

The room was filled wall to wall with sampling booths - arranged by brewing company. Each brewing company brought a few of their favorite beers for us to sample, which was a little overwhelming at first since there were literally HUNDREDS of beers. Eventually, we just started asking the brewery representatives to serve us up a sample of their favorite.

The entire day was a blur - both in the sense that it flew by and we drank quite a bit. hahah

That being said, I'll leave you guys with photos from the day....














Post Brewmasters, we had dinner at Gaidos - yeah I'm really not sure how it's pronounced - where I somehow lost a contact in the sink.

Since I wear circle lenses it was a total "Hello Hot Mess" moment...






Notice my contact-less wonky eye. *Le Sigh*


Anyhooooo - Tune in tomorrow for Day 2 of Brewmasters International Beer Festival




Gaido's
3828 Seawall Boulevard
Galveston, TX 77550
(409) 762-9625

No comments: