Thursday, June 25, 2009

RIP MJ...

Michael Joseph Jackson
August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009

A local radio station asked listeners to call in with their favorite Michael Jackson memories or a story about how he played a part in their life. All I could think about was this night back when I was 15. Lyla and I were stuck in the JFK airport over night due to flight cancelations. Just having spent 2 weeks overseas, everyone was cranky and ready to be home. Lyla, delirious with exhaustion, broke out into a rendition of MJ's "Black or White." I just remember catching a mad case of the giggles and joining in on some music video-esque dancing. The whole thing just made my night. I cant think of JFK or MJ without thinking of that night.

Rest In Peace, MJ.
You will be missed dearly.

(Image via WeHeartIt)

No comments: