Sunday, June 28, 2009

Intervention



Look, I'm not normally one to interfere with people and their decisions, but when I got in the car on Friday and I saw what Mother Nature was trying to pull...


I had to pull her aside and have one of those awkward talks with her:


Me: Look, I really didn't want it to come to this, but I see that it has. I mean ... what is this all about? Is there something you need to tell me?


Mother Nature: .::silence::.


Me: When you started out in the 90's, I said to myself "Eh,... She's just getting back into her old habits. No worries." But then you went ahead and pulled a 103. I thought "Hey, maybe its one time thing." But today, you whip out the big guns with a 108? Is this totally necessary?


Mother Nature: .::silence::.


Me: I don't want to tell you what to do, but if I were you I'd cool it off for a bit. People are starting to talk. My boss is complaining about the color of her lawn. The people of Blogger are starting to list off ways to beat you, and me.... poor little ole' me. I'm a pasty one. And while I've been diligent about applying my SPF 70, I fear there's only so much it can do. Please Mother, if you don't change for anyone else, do it for me...


Mother Nature: .::silence::.


Me: Really? I'm glad we had this talk.


A couple hours later, I got this - and it lasted all of 3 minutes.

People of Pinhook, you can thank me for your rain later.

For now, just call me the Weather Whisperer.

No comments: