Thursday, January 1, 2009

About Me

So I guess before I tell you who I am - I should tell you who I was.

I was born the second child of two adoring parents - her being from Mamou and him from Weeks Island. I was the little girl who, at 5 years old, wanted to be a fashion designer. As a teenager, I was the girl who became enamored by the hustle and bustle of the big city. I was the girl who traveled any and everywhere - just so long as it wasn't here. I was the girl who seemingly found a place in the extravagant & sophisticated life of southern Florida. I was girl who traded the idea of a life in fashion for the dream of culinary school and a career in a top New York restaurant.

and now?

I am the girl, who after all her attempts of getting out of this place, finds herself right back where she started - at home.

My real name’s not important. Call me Kora Bruce. I’m 24 and I find myself back in southern Louisiana. The girl I was grew up with all the time in world and thought there wasn’t a single thing worth doing around here. I know better now. I’m not sure exactly when or how this enchanting truth came about, but it somehow worked its way into my heart. There’s a million veiled treasures hidden along these dusty gravel roads and murky bayou waterways – I actually might not have enough time to unearth them all.

In short, this is my love affair with home – a reawakened enthrallment with the simpler things.

Take this as it is.

I don’t claim to be an expert on southern living.
Hell… a lot of this, I’m experiencing for the first time.

Join the adventure.