Monday, June 13, 2011

Beer Candles Are the ONLY Candles Worth Having






That's right folks, this weekend marked the two year anniversary of my first post.

Taking a little time off from blogging recently hasn't made this two year mark any less special - because we've been keeping Dixie Lust going strong in spirit over here.

I started this blog as a way to show not only y'all but myself as well all that the South has to offer. No more "I'm bored", "There's nothing to do around here....", or "I wish I lived in a cooler city." The possibilities are endless - some of them just need to be re-discovered.

And we're here to do just that.





In the spirit of renewed dedication to blogging, MTher, LyLa and I got together Saturday to work on a few new video features for Dixie Lust. Before we called it a night, we made a little wish and had some cake.


"Let's Mess With Texas" Tee via Storyville

Countless people and places have made these past few years phenomenal, including:

You the readers, LyLa, MTher, SKing, Ninja, My Parents, My Brother & Sister in Law, Gentleman Caller, Katie from Offswitch Designs, J from the Bees Knees Baby, Summer from Bon Temps Athena, Benny-fits, KS from While We're Waiting, My Aunts, Uncles, & Cousins, the Folks at Best Buy, Stephanie, Fine Thread Art, Hotel Derek, JCor, ALin, Storvyville, Dirty Coast Press, the Twitter Following, Wine Loft, Tap Room, Marc Broussard, The TA Truckstop, the Cities Lafayette, Houston, Boca Raton, New Orleans, Birmingham, Baton Rouge and so so so many more.


Thanks to all of you.



5 comments:

J said...

Obviously I was a *huge* factor in making this blog such a great success!

Happy second birthday, Dixie Lust!

Xoxo

J said...

Obviously I was a *huge* factor in making this blog such a great success!

Happy second birthday, Dixie Lust!

Xoxo

Kora Bruce said...

Love you too sum. we need to catch up. we need to see each other. all of it. it needs to happen soon.

Kora Bruce said...

aww! Mizz Katie Mae - always the sweetest! thanks for everything over the past few years - especially the epic emails!

Kora Bruce said...

bwhaha ohhhh lady. you always make me LOL